Senior Back End Software Engineer
At New Relic, we are the proud market leader for solutions providing deep insights into our clients’ applications’ behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM) solution, we have our customers' backs by instrumenting their applications and reporting issues, often before the customer is aware that there are any problems. We give our customers as much information as possible to help them tune their system’s reliability and performance.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our fast growing Incident Intelligence team based in our Tel Aviv Office. We are a team of interdisciplinary specialists. Our atmosphere is of a startup backed up by a successful corporation. The team is responsible for what we believe is the future of our field: assimilating huge amounts of data and AI’ing the heck out of it in order to help our customers solve problems quickly and efficiently. Our product enables automatic monitoring of applications while reducing alert noise by correlating them into bigger issues. We also use past data to automatically identify the correct responders to incidents. Our vision is to be able to fix some problems magically without bothering anyone! For a proud parent of an app or server, we want to be the most perfect Au Pair anyone can imagine!
Are a passionate collaborator who can reason and communicate your opinions, as well as accept others’ approaches. You’re proactive, never taking the present state for granted and always striving to understand why things are done the way they are. You’re a clean coder with readable, simple, and maintainable code.
You quickly grasp large & complex systems and their inner workings. You’re experienced with software engineering best practices (testing, code reviews, immutability, etc.). You’re deeply familiar with the tools, libraries, and frameworks that you’ve worked with and feel at home in production environments. Also, you are prepared and accepting to receive many TikTok videos filled with cuteness from an overly engaged team member.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop and test production-grade components within a micro-service architecture implemented in Python.
- Collaborate with Engineers, Product Managers, designers, and other partners to frame problems within the business and product context.
- Own engineering initiatives for multiple backend components and projects.
- Contribute to the product technical design, architecture and implementation of our backend components
- 5+ years of professional experience as an engineer in the industry
- Expertise in Python, Java, C#, Go or similar programming languages
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems and commands
- Proven experience in designing, developing and testing scalable distributed systems
- Experience working with both relational and non-relational databases
- Understand and write concurrent code, specifically a web server's request lifecycle.
- 3+ years of developing production-grade applications in Python
- Have practiced TDD.
- CS degree or a degree in a related field / Elite tech unit alumni
- Familiarity with message queuing systems & patterns
- Experience working in teams that use CI/CD practices
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with AWS/GCP
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Monthly meals fund (10bis).
- Retirement fund and Keren Hishtalmut.
- Professional Development classes
- Office located in the center of Tel Aviv, very close to public transportation.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building an inclusive culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.