Senior Developer Programs Manager
The developer relations team creates content across an assortment of platforms to excite, engage and empower developers. That content and the resulting conversations with developer communities donate to New Relic through product feedback, brand awareness and platform engagement.
Communicating that value and developing strategies for engagement around the product and the efforts of the team will be among your primary responsibilities in this role.
You'll have the opportunity to amplify and focus the direction of our developer relations engagement by creating opportunities inside and outside of the company to maximize the impact of our work.
Given the nature of the work this is a remote position, but you'll of course have the option to work from one of our many offices when it's convenient. We're a results-oriented team so our hours offer some flexibility. Assuming you're able to work with some portion of your day overlapping US timezones we're prepared to hire domestically or internationally.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate internally with the marketing, product, engineering and sales teams to communicate the objectives of team initiatives and find ways for our teams to work more closely together.
- Create strategy to ensure that we're able to bring the full benefit of our projects back home to our peers.
- Identify new opportunities and channels for the team to contribute to our communities.
- Create and present project briefs, roadmaps, program strategies and event plans within the organization.
- Contribute to content direction and team growth opportunities; brainstorm innovative and novel approaches to developer relations in the field and at home.
- Follow your work to implementation by handling logistics and coordinating with the team at in-person events around the world.
- Proven ability with developer-product focused companies in driving collaboration across marketing, product and engineering teams.
- Exceptional writing and communications ability. Experience translating technical details to address a broader business audience.
- Proven experience organizing and leading events in developer communities.
- 2 years of developer relations or equivalent experience.
- English verbal and written fluency.
- Development experience in one or more languages that New Relic supports.
- Fluency in a foreign language and/or experience traveling or living overseas.
- Business, marketing and sales experience in technical organizations.
- Management experience.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.