Director Enterprise Sales West
Director, Enterprise Sales - West
New Relic is looking to add a key member to our top-notch sales leadership team. The Director of Enterprise Sales will assume responsibility for growing our Enterprise Sales organization in the Western region. The ideal candidate will be a customer-focused industry leader with a proven track record of exceeding sales growth goals of SaaS products, specifically within Enterprise Accounts > 5,000 employees.
You must have the ability to lead and support the pursuit of major sales activities in addition to being a team player. You know how to create and manage the synergy among business development, operations, sales engineering, proposal and contracts functions. In addition to leading new logo growth, you’ll be responsible for expanding existing footprints and executing enterprise agreements.
We’re seeking out highly competitive, data and results-driven executives with an open, collaborative and team-based approach to leadership and management. If you think you’ve got what it takes, read on!
What You’ll Do
- Passionately lead, drive and deliver the New Relic vision and mission for the Western Enterprise business
- Manage portfolio business of high velocity new “lands” as well as expansion of strategic accounts
- Lead and manage Enterprise AEs in achieving individual, team, and organizational quotas
- Create and drive new and strategic go-to-market plans to meet company growth and market share goals
- Drive strategic deals and accounts to six-figure and seven-figure deal victories
- Drive and monitor account planning and execution to deliver maximum revenue potential
- Provide strategic executive leadership for the Enterprise Sales team including sales forecasting, territory assignments, sales coaching and commission planning
- Coach sales teams by helping structure sales opportunities and deals; further assist with selling activities as appropriate; Ensure the sales team is working collaboratively with operations, sales engineering, and other internal/external teams
- Develop annual sales forecasts using a combination of top-down and bottom-up input
- Stay ahead of industry trends, competitive activity, and client opportunities; Attend trade shows, industry events, internal meetings, and conferences
- Oversee regional customer satisfaction and renewals
- Lead recruitment and retention activities
- Bachelors degree
- 6+ years of experience as a Sales Leader with direct reports selling enterprise application software to developers, IT/Operations, application owners, and/or business leaders
- Knowledge of SaaS/Cloud/Application Performance Monitoring space
- Demonstrated Enterprise account sales leadership experience and track record of success
- Ability to build and lead a sales organization, including quota-carrying and forecasting experience
- Exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills
- Experience devising sales strategy and developing/contributing to enablement programs
- Strong executive presence
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. New Relic’s cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. Learn why more than 50% of the Fortune 100 trust New Relic at newrelic.com.
New Relic is a San Francisco Best Places to Work award winner, an Oregon “Top Workplace” award winner, named a leader in the Gartner’s 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 “Magic Quadrant” for APM companies, a Top 100 OnDemand Company, Best of SaaS (THINKStrategies), Top 100 Coolest Cloud Computing (CRN); 10 Cloud Management Companies to Watch (NetworkWorld) – the list of accolades goes on. More important than all of that: we provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.