Director, Strategic and Technical Alliances
Director, Strategic and Technical Alliances
San Francisco, California
Partnerships are the foundation for driving preference in the market for the New Relic Platform and are a significant source of new opportunity identification with our sales teams. New Relic’s Alliances and Channels team act as the masterminds behind these strategic relationships and our team continues to expand!
The Director of Strategic and Technical Alliances will be responsible for developing relationships with various strategic alliances and build upon hundreds of existing relationships with technical alliances (ISV’s) who have integrations with the New Relic platform. These partnerships and the broader partner ecosystem is the foundation for a significant part of New Relic’s go-to-market strategy.
The Director will serve as the primary point of contact for all strategic and technical alliances, along with a small team of alliance managers and/or ISV managers. This role will require a player/coach approach where the Director will own some key relationships, and lead a small team in the development of various other relationships.
In addition to the external business development efforts, the Director will need to work internally to build, develop and manage the program elements for various programs such as developer programs and technical alliances. The Director will need to work cross-functionally across New Relic teams including sales, channel sales, marketing, product management, development/engineering, pre-sales, finance, legal, services, support, and education. This person will be charged with establishing a shared vision between New Relic and the partner developing and executing the strategic plan and nurturing key executive relationships required to support the plan.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead business development efforts with various strategic and technical alliances. This will include long-term relationship development for some large players in the industry
- Develop relationships with technical alliances which may include companies that build integrations with New Relic, and other types of technical relationships, whereby we also want to explore the benefits of expanding joint go-to-market efforts.
- Build and manage a technical alliance (ISV) program and continuously expanding on the benefits of the program for partners, while ensuring partners maintain key requirements of the program.
- Recruit and develop team members to execute the Alliances plan as the quantity and size of partnerships scale.
- 8+ years of experience in
softwareand IT industry doing related business development, strategic alliance and/or partner management
- Strong relationships with key executives in the cloud, SaaS and IT industry including companies such as ServiceNow, VMware, SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Adobe, etc
- Experience with direct and indirect sales and go-to-market initiatives with SaaS platforms
- Experience enabling enterprise sales organizations, and programs such as solution selling
- Experience selling and marketing solutions via cloud marketplaces
- Demonstrated track record of successful quota attainment in a sales and alliances role, tracking all types of measurements including
sell through, sell to and sell with (partner influence)
- Demonstrated aptitude for emerging industry trends including digital transformation, DevOps, microservices, containers, orchestration, cloud adoption
- Familiarity with Cloud environments, Containers, IaaS (AWS, Azure, GCP), PaaS, SaaS
- Experience motivating, leading, developing a team of go-to-market professionals
- Aptitude to develop, negotiate, and implement partner business plans that drive partner revenue goals
- Ability to develop new strategic alliances and field partnerships
- Capability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working with partners, channel, and integrators to build strategic programs that drive demand and sales
- International go-to-market experience
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.