Senior Site Reliability Engineer
New Relic is looking for an experienced engineer who thrives on increasing automation, building reliable tools and repeatable processes, and advancing a culture of reliability. We’re in search of someone who loves systems and wants to work with code and people to solve tough problems.
Our Site Reliability Engineers are embedded in cross functional teams consisting of Software and SREs. Teams own everything about their services from concept to operations and support. SREs focus on creating an environment consisting of a high amount of automation to support building, deployment, and management efforts for the team’s production services, datastores, and infrastructure at the scale New Relic’s world-class suite of software analytics products demand.
If the idea of contributing to a new product at one of the largest and fastest-growing big data platforms in the world really excites you, then you may be exactly who we're looking for.
What You’ll Do
You’ll work with a fast-growing, newly-formed team, building and scaling a new product built from a variety of technologies. You’ll solve technical and scalability challenges while mentoring other engineers to improve these skills.
- Improving our deployment and testing automation pipelines to ensure we can continue to move quickly and with confidence.
- Running “game days” to test assumptions about reliability and learn what will break before it matters to customers.
- Reviewing designs with an eye toward increasing the holistic stability of our platform and identifying potential risks.
- Improving our monitoring and alerting systems to make sure engineers get paged when it matters (and don’t get paged when it doesn’t).
- Operationalizing horizontally scalable data stores and configuring systems for high reliability.
- Writing runbooks and improving documentation.
- Troubleshooting OS and network issues.
- Mentoring other engineers in reliability-related skills.
- You have experience administering Linux systems
- Experience working in a SaaS environment at scale
- Troubleshooting in a complex environment
- You have fluency coding in either Python, Ruby, or Java
- Foundation in systems knowledge including some of:
- Jenkins or other continuous integration/deployment tools
- Configuration management through Ansible/Chef/Puppet
- Service-Oriented Architecture or microservices
- AWS or other large network provisioning and architecture
- Docker or other containerization solutions
- Load balancing, storage, and clustering technologies
- System-level monitoring and alerting tools such as Nagios
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.