We’re seeking a Director of Engineering to build and scale the teams and technologies of our Developer Ecosystem initiative. This position sits in our beautiful Portland, OR office and relocation assistance can be provided.
You will work with other engineering leaders and product managers to develop and execute a strategy that powers our existing 3rd party programmability capabilities.
How do you know if this is the right opportunity for you? You are an expert builder and leader of teams that possess the attention to detail needed to work with some of our most visible systems while flourishing in a dynamic, continuous deployment environment. You are a leader who can nurture an environment of close collaboration both within and between teams.
What You’ll Do
- You will develop and execute a vision to evolve the capabilities you are responsible for into that ideal ecosystem our customers could use to build everything they want in a fast, smooth and reliable manner.
- Your responsibilities will include the career progression of your direct reports (Engineering Managers and Architects) by providing feedback and identifying new opportunities to help them grow.
- You’ll work with Product Managers, Experience Designers, and other engineering leaders to coordinate development across multiple teams and groups.
- Minimum 10 years experience in building software
- Successful track record of designing and building teams that ship complex product
- Proven experience in managing managers
- Attitude biased toward getting things done
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in collaboration and coordination across time zones and cultures
- Experience in building APIs, Open source and customer-facing products
- Experience in startups
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship (including transfer of a current H-1B visa), but the company does not sponsor candidates for O-1, F-1, or J-1 visas, or candidates who require commencement of an H-1B "cap case" petition for future authorization. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.