Senior Alliances Manager - AWS
Partnerships are the foundation for driving preference in the market for the New Relic Platform and are a significant source of new opportunity identification with our sales teams. New Relic’s Alliances and Channels team act as the masterminds behind these strategic relationships and our team continues to expand!
The Sr. Alliance Manager AWS will be responsible for developing and supporting New Relic's go-to-market efforts for a very strategic alliance relationship with AWS. The AWS alliance and the broader ecosystem is the foundation for a significant part of New Relic’s go-to-market strategy.
The Sr. Alliance Manager will be part of the global AWS alliance team and will collaborate closely with AWS and across several cross-functional New Relic teams including sales, channel sales, marketing, product management, development/engineering, pre-sales, services, support, and education. This person will be responsible for driving the key initiatives outlined in the strategic partner plan and nurturing key executive and partner team relationships required to support the plan.
What You'll Do
- Develop long-term vision and goals for our AWS partnership, owning both a strategic plan with cross-functional support across New Relic, and relationships with key executives and field leaders across AWS.
- Support Quarterly Business Reviews and other ongoing executive engagements with AWS, measuring partner performance against several growth metrics
- Maintain and nurture relationships with senior leaders at AWS to ensure that all parties are satisfied with progress and deliver on business outcomes of the partnership
- Execute on go-to-market activities including field events, conferences, campaigns, and other programs to increase lead generation, account mapping and pipeline development
- Work closely with the regional alliance and channel managers to support regional AWS partner strategy and joint co-sell engagement plans.
- Engage with the global teams to execute the go-to-market plan, which may include alliances, marketing, sales, pre-sales and success managers.
- Support internal activities including product enhancements, marketing, sales enablement, services, and support
- Collaborate with Marketing to drive the creation and utilization of sales collateral as well as demand generation programs and campaigns that drive partner revenue
- Supporting efforts to build capacity for a robust global partner ecosystem within the AWS community
- Building preference for New Relic offerings through continuous collaboration and continue to win advocates of New Relic amongst AWS and it’s partner ecosystem
- 10+ years of experience in the software and IT industry doing related business development, strategic alliance and/or partner management.
- Previously worked at AWS is required
- Worked as a Sr. Alliance Manager in partnerships with AWS
- Program Management experience is a plus
- Experience with direct and indirect sales and go-to-market initiatives with SaaS platforms
- Experience enabling enterprise sales organizations, and programs such as solution selling
- Experience selling and marketing solutions via cloud marketplaces
- Demonstrated track record of successful quota attainment in a sales and alliances role, tracking all types of measurements including sell through, sell to and sell with (partner influence)
- Demonstrated aptitude for emerging industry trends including digital transformation, DevOps, microservices, containers, serverless, cloud adoption and cloud migration.
- Familiarity with Cloud environments, Containers, IaaS (AWS, Azure, GCP), PaaS, SaaS
- Experience motivating, leading, developing a team of alliance managers.
- Aptitude to develop, negotiate, and implement partner business plans that drive partner revenue goals
- Capability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working with partners, channel, and integrators to build strategic programs that drive demand and sales
- International go-to-market experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.