Principal Product Designer
We're looking for a premier Principal Product Designer to join the New Relic One platform team to help define our global product experience. You'll work across multiple product teams to deliver next-generation experiences that the world's best engineering teams rely upon.
As a senior member of the Experience Design team, you'll have the opportunity to mentor and learn from a large and innovative global team of designers, writers and researchers. You'll play a key role at a formative stage in the team's next-level of growth and help drive our Experience Design vision. If you're a systems-thinker, a data nerd, and a passionate user-advocate like us, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, researchers and writers to assess user needs and deliver quality experiences
- Lead a product design vision by communicating direction, designing mockups and prototypes, mentoring designers, and building trusted relationships with executives
- Champion a useful, unified, and simplified user experience that is ground in a deep understanding of users and their observability needs
- Establish and drive principled design standards while working hands-on to create best-in-class examples of design work that inspires a large community of designers
- Apply big-picture design thinking to complex technical problems in a fast-paced environment
- Drive the UX vision in partnership with the New Relic Experience Design leadership team, growing the team and delivering UX excellence
- 10+ years of related experience, ideally in enterprise software, SaaS B2C or B2B products.
- Adept at working in an agile, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work
- Test-and-learn know-how to measure and refine designs based on user and market data
- Portfolio showcasing your best work
- Experience with design tools like Sketch, Abstract, InVision
- Experience working with global teams distributed across different time zones
- Strong communication and presentation abilities (English-language)
- An advanced degree in Design, HCI, or a related field
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure and experience with related platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience designing for data-rich products, incorporating data visualizations
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.