Technical Community Manager
The Explorers Hub Senior Community Moderator implements New Relic’s Community Moderation Strategy - monitoring, moderating and maintaining user-generated content -- to ensure all who enter feel welcome to express themselves in a productive manner and receive the most helpful and current information about New Relic products and services. You coordinate with Technical Support, Engineering, Product, and Community teams to support its mission, ensuring a useful, safe and legal community environment while promoting excellent customer service and helping to cultivate a strong community around the New Relic brand.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure a positive experience for all customers in the community. You’ll work with the Global Technical Support team, our community of customers, and across New Relic to review and moderate content, so that customers get the assistance they need to succeed.
- Help design and run experiences for our customers to increase their community engagement and drive business critical user behaviors within our platform. This includes executing community moderation and campaign plans, working with Relics to develop original content, and more.
- Drive improvements within the community team. Participate in strategy planning sessions, coordinate the quality and consistency of our internal documentation, find opportunities to improve the community software, and look for opportunities to change the way we do things for the better.
- Represent the Explorers Hub with Relics on other teams, presenting in appropriate meetings and working to meet Relic staff needs. Champion the voice of the customer and provide feedback, reducing friction for customers and/or internal New Relic teams
- Be responsible for your own development, seek feedback from others, and continually build your organizational, support process and New Relic product knowledge.
- Demonstrable experience moderating a technical community
- Strong content management and web-based skills
- Organizational and multitasking skills and a preference to be proactive
- Operational-level knowledge of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Commenting etc.)
- Superb communication skills, and the ability to adjust based on your audience
- Solid grasp and awareness of customer service principles
Nice to Have:
- You are familiar with web technologies: Web Servers (Windows and Linux), network and systems troubleshooting tools, web development platforms, SaaS, etc.
- You are thoroughly familiar with internet culture; familiarity with application performance monitoring and software analytics is a plus
- Project management experience and/or experience with project management software tools such as Trello
Please note that Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position and the position is onsite in our Portland, OR offices (remote work is not an option).
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.