Technical Support Engineer (Remote PST/MT Time Zones)
As a New Relic Support Engineer, you'll know more about our products than any other function and feel a sense of pride and happiness helping customers through their never-seen-before technical issues. We are serious about keeping our skills sharp, so we can provide extraordinary assistance in a constantly evolving technical landscape. We emphasize training, knowledge, and customer empathy — the learning opportunities will never end!
You'll collaborate with other Support Engineers to creatively and passionately solve customer problems while honing your technical skills. Your insight and creativity will be vital to help identify recurring or systemic problems and suggest ways we might address them.
What You’ll Do
- Support New Relic customers by solving various installation, configuration, and data exploration requests via ticket-based and phone channels.
- Collaborate across teams to address complex technical customer problems.
- Contribute to both internal and customer-facing documentation and Knowledge Centered Support (KCS).
- Advocate for our customers to our Product Organization by providing feedback on feature requests and bugs to improve the customer experience.
- Level up your skillset through training and exposure to additional programming languages to help you support a broader range of customers and capabilities in the New Relic platform.
- This opening is for a position working 2nd shift hours (3pm-Midnight PT), Monday - Friday.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience programming in or supporting customers in Java.
- Can demonstrate well-developed troubleshooting skills and can get creative when the answer is not obvious
- Experience delighting customers
- Knowledgeable about AWS and containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Exhibit a high level of emotional intelligence -- even with customers who are having a bad day
- Experience as a Support Engineer in a SaaS environment
- Experience programming in or supporting customers in .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, Node.js, Go
- Experience working with observability tools like New Relic's platform or others, as well as Logstash, Elastic, AWS Lambda, or Azure Functions
- An understanding of Linux-based web hosting and Linux environments
- iOS or Android development and troubleshooting
- Exposure to IaaS platforms such as Azure, GCP, etc.
- AWS or Azure Cloud Certification
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.