Executive Communications Specialist
Executive Communications Specialist
San Francisco, California
We are looking for a leader to drive New Relic’s internal and external communications strategy for the company's Chief People Officer.
In this Executive Communications function, you will work closely with the Chief People Officer to drive both strategy and execution of internal and external communications efforts. You will use your communications skills to build a consistent, compelling and differentiated executive platform for our Chief People Officer using a variety of communication channels. The end result is a narrative that is aligned with the company story and resonates with our audience. This role has an opportunity to play a wide variety of roles within our People Ops function to ensure New Relic is considered a best place to work, is attractive to the industry’s top talent, and further establish our Chief People Officer as a leader in the industry.
Reporting to the Director/VP of Brand, Customer, Content and Communications (BCCC), you will be responsible for aligning communications and building connections among the People Ops leadership team. Additionally, you drive awareness for New Relic’s Chief People Officer by leading thought leadership efforts to evangelize New Relic’s position in this fast-growing market.
You will be successful because you have prior experience with enterprise technology, and have partnered successfully with executives in building executive platforms that get results. Clear, concise and differentiated communication skills are essential. Collaboration, creativity and a sense of humor are important.
What You’ll Do
- Build communications program for New Relic’s Chief People Officer which elicit excitement, engagement, drive business outcomes and inspire employees.
- Provide strategic counsel to the Chief People Officer and the global People Ops leadership team, on communications approach, messaging and positioning; influence partners as needed to ensure communications are compelling and aligned to the needs of employees and business goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Talent Acquisition team to tell the New Relic story to attract top talent
- Plan and execute People Ops employee engagement events, such as all-hands, town hall meetings and round tables to promote important news and information.
- Collaborate with the Global Employee Communications lead on change management issues to determine the best approach to communicate change.
- Partner with key internal team members which span the Americas, APAC and EMEA, to develop and support a broad range of internal communications initiatives and events.
- Partner with Chief People Officer to build a platform which will be focused on New Relic as a great place to work and a great place to grow a career.
- Assist our Chief People Officer is securing speaking opportunities, brainstorming the best content to deliver and executing on the keynote.
- Partner across the broader BCCC team to work with leaders across social media, public relations and beyond to build and grow theChief People Officer's external persona with compelling and differentiated point of views in the market.
- Create aligned messaging across functional teams within the People Ops organization
- Ensure that all content (written emails, internal Jive posts, placed content, presentations, and beyond) is the highest quality, is creative and compelling and aligns with corporate messaging.
- Assist with writing internal communications that impact the People Ops and TA organization
- Some travel is required
- Bachelors’ degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related field
- 3-5+ years of experience in a communications role. Relevant communications experience working with HR teams, enterprise software and/or technology organizations preferred
- Excellent communication, writing, editing, and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working for SaaS company and/or knowledge of APM market
- Thrives in a fast-paced, innovating and dynamic environment
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
About New Relic
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with applicable law. For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.