Senior DevOps Engineer - Infrastructure Platform Team
New Relic Infrastructure provides an end-to-end, full stack view into the services and applications our customers deliver to their end-users and empower our customers with real-time metrics and analytics.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who can guide our teams in delivering resilient, scalable, low-toil systems in production. In this role, you’ll be responsible for bringing in reliability standard methodologies, influencing design decisions, and getting hands-on to tackle key infrastructure, automation, and scalability challenges. In addition to technical depth, excellent communication skills and comfort in a dynamic setting, this role calls for working with diverse partners in an agile, highly collaborative environment in order to be successful
What You’ll Do
- You'll analyze complex distributed systems to identify scaling bottlenecks, risks, and operational challenges, and influence design decisions to address these issues
- Mentor and pair with our team members to help them grow and adopt the best software development practices
- Help design and build the software that operates our software.
- You'll look after our own infrastructure distributed across different datacenters and being moved to the cloud.
- Build multi-threaded Java and Go services that consume, process, and emit data on streaming platforms
- Proven experience writing software in Go or Java.
- Familiarity with distributed systems and/or data pipeline design patterns.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment and/or with microservices architectures.
- Experience with at least some of the following: Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon, Kafka, and high-scale datastores like Redis, Cassandra or Elasticsearch.
- Experience participating in an on-call rotation for production support of critical services.
- Familiarity with SRE standard methodologies
- An abiding intellectual curiosity and real passion for solving puzzles
- Experience with Public Cloud Providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
- You have a collaborative work style that includes colleagues in important decisions and leads to shared code ownership.
- You have experience applying DevOps principles to large-scale distributed systems
- You've worked with high-throughput, highly-available services running on Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems
- You know the JVM in and out and have spent time tuning and optimizing Java services to remove performance bottlenecks.
- You understand the value that build and test automation brings to a development team's efficiency and reliability and are passionate about applying these techniques to your projects
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.