The Developer Ecosystem team is looking for a hybrid engineer and communicator with an interest in developer experience and working in open source to serve as a Developer Advocate in Barcelona. If you are a hardworking, intellectually curious, and driven technologist who wants to see customers succeed through the work you do, we need you on our team!
You’ll office with our Barcelona engineering team but operate very independently; with this high degree of autonomy, responsible time management is required. As a part of the global Open Source and Developer Advocacy team, you'll be accountable for growing a developer community in EMEA that builds remarkable applications using the programmable features of the New Relic platform.
What You’ll Do
- Build open source prototypes using New Relic APIs in conjunction with complementary technologies
- Write blog posts and tutorials, and use social media in order to share knowledge, request feedback, collaborate, and engage with developers
- Execute New Relic developer growth programs, including - but not limited to - hosting meetups, running workshops, presenting on webinars, speaking at conferences, and supporting online office hours
- Provide expert support to developers via channels such as Slack, Twitter, Stack Overflow and GitHub
- Use metrics and data to drive activities and priorities
- Team lead experience, taking an idea from concept to production code using React and technologies like GraphQL or REST
- Proven interpersonal skills as a technical writer and presenter
- Command of the needs of DevOps teams with regards to software development lifecycle trends
- Working knowledge of monitoring and observability tools
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related discipline / Bachelor of Arts degree coupled with substantial experience in DevOps teams
- Ability to prioritize projects based on team and business needs
- A proven learner, with programming experience in multiple languages
Nice to have:
- 3+ years experience in developer evangelism, or developer relations roles at leading technology companies
- Understanding of how to connect with and market to developers in an authentic fashion
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.