Product Manager - APM Core
Product Manager, APM Core
Are you passionate about improving user experience and creating a high quality product? For eleven years, New Relic APM has helped our customers to improve their applications and services by giving them deep visibility into the health of their systems. We’re looking for a Product Manager who can inspire change and improvement to our APM user experience.
As the Product Manager for APM Core, you will drive a roadmap that improves experiences for our existing APM customers, removes underused functionality, and provides a seamless bridge to our New Relic One platform. You will collaborate side-by-side with the APM engineers and designers to convey customer value, ensure an excellent user experience, and prioritize for customer value.
What You’ll Do
- Use firm ROI data to build and maintain a rolling 12-month roadmap of features, fixes, and improvements
- Connect with customers around the world about their APM needs and how New Relic can provide a complete solution for them
- Collaborate with designers and other product managers to provide the best experience that bridges between our APM UI and New Relic One platform.
- Work with engineers to provide business context, clear guidance, and success criteria that will delight our customers
- Collaborate with Global Technical Support, Sales, and other groups to ensure smooth deployments and change management
- 2+ years as a product manager and 4+ years as an engineer, technical project manager, or other role involving technology
- Customer-facing product management experience at a company delivering business-to-business SaaS software products
- Experience as a key decision maker for a product, with decisions based on cultivation of data from a variety of sources and stakeholders
- Experience communicating decisions that influence executive-level buy-in
- Ability to lead via influence, patience, and determination
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis
- Experience participating in all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to move easily between longer-term goals and day-to-day engagement with partner teams (e.g. Engineering, Sales, Marketing) to keep them focused on current priorities
- Track record of collaborating with PM peers to leverage and build on ideas and knowledge
- Experience as a software developer or in technical operations
- Product management training and certification
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship (including transfer of a current H-1B visa), but the company does not sponsor candidates for O-1, F-1, or J-1 visas, or candidates who require commencement of an H-1B "cap case" petition for future authorization. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.