Technical Account Manager I
As a Technical Account Manager at New Relic, you will enable customers to achieve their goals by adopting our observability solution. You will be a trusted advisor and driving force in customer journeys from their initial onboarding, value realisation, and expansion throughout the lifecycle. Your mission will be to remove technical obstacles to adoption, assist with strategic decisions, and build innovative new solutions. You will work with SREs, developers, system administrators, architects, and SMEs within the customer organisation, shaping end-users into New Relic advocates within their organisation!
Working within our Customer Adoption Group and aligned with a sales region. Depending on the size and maturity of the customer, you could be part of an account team that involves many different roles or operate almost autonomously as the main technical point of contact. The role encompasses occasional opportunities to travel (currently fully remote).
What You’ll Do
- Advise customers on best practices, pros, and cons of different approaches and next steps to take, based on a detailed understanding of their objectives and the value of the solutions they are seeking.
- Proactively suggest improvements that would give customers better visibility into their systems or a better understanding of their data.
- Give hands-on demonstrations, workshops, or enablement sessions on a wide variety of technical topics, e.g installation, building dashboards, and setting up alerts.
- Help customers to overcome technical issues that can’t be solved by global technical support. That could involve deep diving and spinning up test environments to solve complex technical problems with simple solutions.
- Build longterm relationships and support customers within the prescribed catalogue of services to assist customers in making the most of their New Relic contract.
- Be the influential expert for Fledgling New Relic users, accelerating their progress.
- Kick start the implementation of an Observability Centre of Excellence.
- Experience in a customer-facing technical role where observability is part of the toolset such as DevOps engineer, sysadmin, or SRE.
- Understanding of, Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, and cloud platforms and Experience with coding/scripting, including one or more of the New Relic supported languages here.
- Ability to understand technical requirements and map them to possible solutions while keeping sight of the business value generated.
- Ability to prioritise and manage your own time and to plan and track progress on tasks with your customers.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- A degree in Computer Science.
- Cloud certification in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud and prior experience with Kubernetes, Cloud infrastructure, or DevOps tools.
- Solid understanding of current observability tooling, solutions, and methodologies.
- Familiarity with the New Relic platform.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.