Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Are you ready to be a key player in our SaaS company, one that is setting the standard for technical innovation and customer growth? New Relic's digital intelligence platform lets developers, operations, and technical teams measure and monitor the performance of their applications and infrastructure.
Yes, it is a great product and is incredibly easy to use. However, with customer sites sending us more bits per second than the whole world sends Twitter, and with an agile product that we constantly improve, New Relic customers do sometimes need help from Technical Support.
We are looking for the right person to join our Global Technical Support team as a Technical Support Engineer in our newly opened Japan office. As a Technical Support Engineer, you play a critical role as the first point of contact for our customers. Not only do you have a passion for customer service, you have strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to think fast and prioritize quickly. In addition to technical customer support experience, we are looking for someone with a passion for learning who is familiar with web technologies, networking, and cloud services.
This is not your average technical support team. We are highly collaborative and support one another in everything we do. We are growing, constantly improving, and setting higher goals.
What You’ll Do
- Loves delighting people -- even customers who are having a bad day
- Has an infectiously positive attitude and sees possibilities rather than obstacles
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can efficiently and effectively triage a broad array of incoming (business and product) customer inquiries
- Wants to be an integral part of a world-class technical support organization
- Possesses a hunger for knowledge - always wants to learn more and do better (we are like that around here)
- Familiar with web technologies, SaaS, networking, and cloud services
- Has demonstrated solid troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in a customer-facing role in technical environments
- Collaborates easily across teams or disciplines to solve problems
- Can work a flexible schedule
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
- Bilingual (Fluent Japanese, business proficiency in English)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.