Java Software Engineer (U.S. remote available)
At New Relic, we are the proud market leader for solutions providing our customers with deep insights into their applications' behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based observability platform, we have our customers' backs by instrumenting their applications and infrastructure and reporting issues, often before the customer is aware that there are any problems. We give our customers as much information as possible to help them tune their system's reliability and performance.
As a Software Engineer on the Lookout team, you will have the opportunity to build tools that help software teams find anomalies and see rates of change within their entire software estate and develop back-end services that drive innovative visualizations of complex system data, and enable engineers to discover potential issues before they have an impact. Your appreciation for customers, passion for software engineering, and dedication to continuous improvement will make you successful!
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, and other partners to take Lookout's analysis to the next level! Turn your ideas into code using continuous integration and modern development processes.
- Write performant, fault tolerant Java services. You'll also work with Redis, Apache Kafka, Docker, and GraphQL.
- Work on a team that embraces the DevOps philosophy: we build, deploy, and operate our team's software, including taking turns being on-call.
- Maintain work-life balance by using unlimited flex time off, ten weeks of paid parental leave, and our DataNerds4Good volunteer time off program.
- 2+ years of production-level experience in Java and the JVM.
- Experience with distributed systems, concurrency, and scaling in a production environment.
- Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Willingness to be on-call for the applications the team owns.
- Experience with test driven development using a framework such as JUnit.
- Degree in computer science or a related field.
- Experience building GraphQL or REST APIs.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.