Open Source Program Manager
Open Source Program Manager
San Francisco, California
At New Relic, we rely on many amazing projects from the community to run our business and regularly share with the world what we build internally. We are looking for an individual with proven leadership skills who is passionate about open source to start the New Relic Open Source Program Office. The Program Office’s responsibilities are wide, covering everything from helping teams determine
Your day to day responsibilities will alternate between strategy and program management. In this role, you’ll work with PR, Legal, HR, Marketing, and almost every engineering team at New Relic to help them work together to solve
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and streamline all aspects of the process for contributing to and consuming open source (from people processes to tooling automation)
- Own and manage our open source presence and reputation on GitHub and beyond
- Drive involvement and recognition of the open source program internally
- Align the goals of the program with
largerproduct and business goals
- Build awareness of New Relic open source externally and increase our overall involvement in the open source community
- Champion the culture of open source at New Relic
- Establish New Relic as a high-contributing member of strategic, industry-leading open source and/or open standard initiatives (e.g. CNCF, OpenJDK)
- Define and execute on a clear set of goals and objectives that align with New Relic’s values and corporate strategy
- Drive organizational alignment at the executive level on strategic open source & open standards initiatives
- Manage our process for evaluating incoming open source code
- Automate the infrastructure and processes that unblocks engineers, aligns with our business goals, protects our intellectual property, and manages our compliance.
- Guide our engineering teams on their OSS initiatives.
- Represent New Relic Product with open source organizations, standards bodies, conferences and meetups, and beyond
- Ensure we consume and contribute open source software in a manner that grows healthy communities
- You dig the challenge of creating sustainable programs from scratch.
- You are pragmatic, iterative, and customer-driven, focusing on where you can add the most value and automate/delegate the rest.
- You are no stranger to the infrastructure aspects of open source projects - both the technical aspects like repository
management,and the human aspects like community relations and governance.
- You understand the differences between the most common open source licenses and have a working knowledge of IP, including Copyrights, Patents
andTrademarks in the context of open source software.
- You are familiar with GitHub, Travis CI, Coveralls, and other source code management and build tools common in open source projects
- You have excellent communication and organizational skills
- You are familiar with multiple programming languages, ideally with professional development experience in at least two
- You are passionate about quality and continuous improvement
- You are comfortable within distributed work environments, collaborating across time zones and cultures
- Proven track record of ongoing contributions to one or more successful open source projects
yearsexperience coding in or leading software engineering environments
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.