Senior Product and Market Strategist
New Relic is looking for a candidate that will help drive our go to market efforts by understanding the technology, market and product landscape!
You’ll be a key member of a strategic team that will inform our product and go to market strategy. The ideal candidate brings a combination of technical and business prowess, including experience with cloud native technologies and modern software development methodology. You bring a can-do attitude, are able to take care of ambiguity and willing to go deep into details to accurately deliver insights for sales, product and marketing teams.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Understand the observability market and build compelling positioning and content that differentiate our platform
- Train the field on competitive differentiation and messaging on an ongoing basis.
- Drive creation of sales enablement content such as battle cards, playbooks, sales presentations, sales tools or other assets to help sales win
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and sales teams to help drive competitive take-out strategies and influence product roadmap and messaging/positioning
- Participate in industry events and conferences and report the state of the industry and trends to watch for
- Perform win/loss analyses and reporting that informs go-to-market strategies and identifies standard methodologies for sales teams
- Track, analyze, and share timely responses to market announcements and FUD
- 10+ years experience working with and supporting sales efforts for enterprise customers
- Deep knowledge and expertise in SaaS, Cloud and DevOps
- Understanding and experience of observability technologies and domain including application, infrastructure, log etc.
- Consistent track record of working with customers and partners, and ability to influence their decisions with timely problem analysis
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Aptitude for translating technical features to business value
- Engineering, computer science or other technical degree
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time
- Prior field/SE experience
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.