Senior Product Designer - Data Visualization
At New Relic we are looking for a Senior Product Designer experienced in Data Visualization with a knack for tackling complexity and delivering clear and simple design solutions.
You will work inside a cross-functional team to unveil relevant data that help our customers make fast and accurate decisions and effectively integrate your design expertise with the objective of launching new solutions that solve data-related challenges.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with Product Management and Engineering to help in ensuring a cohesive and unified experience across New Relic's data management ecosystem.
- Lead the design and application of ambitious data visualization patterns that greatly reduce redundancy and debt, factor high-impact aesthetic and functionality, and empower our customers to make the right decisions.
- Proactively pitch ideas and contribute to improve the processes and strategies of the Product Design team.
- Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- Experience as a Data Visualization Designer or as a Product Designer with a focus on data analysis products.
- Experience designing for complex enterprise software with large data sets.
- Ability to promote your design solutions based on research and data.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your best work and demonstrating process, usability principles, and research methodologies in data visualization and interaction design.
- Expert with Sketch and Abstract.
- Experience working with global collaborators across time zones.
- Ability to create interactive high-fidelity prototypes in HTML/CSS, Framer, Invision, or similar tools.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.