Data Analyst (Salesforce), Deal Desk
More than twelve years ago, New Relic established an entirely new market with the first SaaS full-service application performance management, an offering previously available only through on-premise enterprise software. We are disrupting a multi-billion dollar software market and having fun doing it! Our customers are a broad range of tech-oriented companies – from start-ups to global Fortune 50 enterprises – all of whom depend on us for the performance of their web and mobile applications.
Our growth continues to be explosive and that’s where you come in! We are looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Data Analyst to join our Finance organization. This role will be key in maximizing the value of New Relic products sold along with the related revenue associated with those sales.
The primary focus of this position will be to turn the finance data from our deals into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
The right person for this job has a team player approach, attention to detail, an analytical mind that excels at problem solving through critical analysis and someone who is challenged by process review and continuous improvement.
What You’ll Do
- Ability to analyze multiple streams of data and make the necessary adjustments to ensure accuracy of reporting for both New Relic sales and finance teams respectively
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports to the wider Deal Desk team and finance management
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Engage with the wider Deal Desk team as well as Sales Enablement in order to support communication and training efforts related to new process enhancements and best practices
- Work with cross-functional teams to help arrive at business decisions based on our finance data to help give the means to Sales to address and surmount customer objections while maximizing revenue/bookings
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities for both the Deal Desk team as well a number of cross functional teams in New Relic
- 2+ years experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst (in a high-tech environment, in a Finance/Operations role)
- Demonstrated capability to build strong working relationships with internal business units and across regions
- Ability to work without supervision in a fast-paced high-tech environment
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Zuora preferred
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics preferred
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity, and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.