Manager, Software Engineering
Telemetry Data Platform's Logging team is looking for an Engineering Manager with a passion for people management, growing strong teams, and shipping software that delights customers.
Our team’s goal is to send, process and aggregate log entries from distributed services for displaying them in our dashboards so our customers can identify, understand and tackle issues, analyze performance and get the most of their software and infrastructure. Logging is one of the fastest growing products at New Relic developed by a distributed team across Barcelona and the US.
Our Engineering Managers are a select group of leader-coaches who shape the solutions we bring to the market and foster an inclusive environment that brings out the best in people. You’ll manage a team of engineers that operate and scale distributed services that process millions of messages per second.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a strong software engineering team on the core of New Relic's data platform in Barcelona.
- Coordinate and align with our logging squad in the US to tackle dependencies and identify priorities.
- Help the team grow and drive their roadmap, striking a balance between feature-forward work, maintaining a reliable platform and paying off technical debt.
- Sync with the Product Manager to prioritize and define a roadmap to drive our product to success.
- Develop and iterate on processes and practices that keep your team executing efficiently.
- Experience in a technical leadership role, leading software development focused teams that apply software engineering practices to deliver high-quality maintainable code.
- You value high iteration speed, low cycle times, a focus on the actual problems we're solving for our customers, good communication, collaboration, and improving the people around us.
- You are willing to adapt your management style. We’re working in a highly changing environment, and have a particular process you follow isn’t going to work.
- You enjoy growing engineers, help them move up on their career path and giving visibility on their achievements and progress.
- You are comfortable dealing with ambiguity, very customer-centric, and able to think big.
- You really enjoy change. We’re a growing company, and that means things change a lot here. You receive a lot of support, but you will see the job evolve every six months, so you should thrive in this kind of environment.
- Experience with high throughput distributed systems.
- Experience operating in a public cloud.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.