Senior Data Engineer, Applied Intelligence Research Team
At New Relic, we provide our customers with instant and deep insight into their application’s behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM) solution, we have our customer’s backs by transparently instrumenting their application and reporting issues, often before the customer knows that there is a problem. We give our customers as much information as possible to help them tune their site’s reliability and performance.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our fast growing Applied Intelligence Research team based in our Tel Aviv Office. The team is responsible for developing novel solutions that will change the industry standard of application and system monitoring. AIOps is an emerging field in the IT operations ecosystem that focuses on enhancing existing operations with AI technologies. By leveraging huge datasets and modern data analysis frameworks, we are creating new ways to automatically monitor applications, improve our understanding of production incidents, and managing the collective knowledge base of SRE/DevOps teams.
The New Relic Tel Aviv office is rapidly growing but we are still very agile, with a strong start-up vibe. Join us to play an important part in building a technologically challenging and unique product that will be an integral part of the New Relic product suite.
What You’ll Do
- You will design and implement pipelines for large scale data collection, analysis and persistence as well as training and serving Machine Learning models
- You will design and develop production-grade components from data analysis prototypes
- You will work with Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Business Partners to frame problems within the business and product context
- You will provide engineering good-practices regarding design and coding in the applied research team
Who You Are
- You are a team player, willing to collaborate and communicate with others to solve problems
- You are an interdisciplinary programmer with a wide scope of technical understanding
- You have a real passion for solving difficult engineering problems
- You are tech-savvy and passionate about new technological challenges
- You are self-motivated, and able to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of professional experience as an engineer in the industry
- Expertise in Python, Java or Scala
- Experience with Spark
- Experience with building data pipelines (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux operating systems and commands
- Experience with PySpark
- Experience with Athena/Big Query
- Knowledge of ML methods and statistics
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.