Lead UX Designer - Developer Experience
This position sits in our beautiful Portland, OR office and relocation assistance may be provided.
At New Relic we build software that provide insightful observability tools to help companies to quickly identify, seek issues, and analyze performance in their software and infrastructure.
We're looking for an outstanding Lead Product Designer to join our quickly scaling Developer Experience team in Portland where you’ll partner closely with product designers, product managers, and engineers to understand, design, measure, and optimize our user journeys.
What You’ll Do
- Work thoughtfully and iteratively from ambiguity to action using a solid user-centered design process
- Ensure design is based on a strong and balanced understanding of user needs and business objectives
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to influence product leaders and designers in making strategic decisions
- Collaborate effectively with leaders and individual contributors in engineering, design, product, language, research, analytics, and more
- Raise the bar for design quality by giving and soliciting constructive feedback from peers and partners
- 6+ years experience in product design and in applying user-centered design methods
- BA/BS in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, other design-related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work consistently in an iterative manner
- Deep understanding of how to integrate research, design, language, technical development, and business strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Expertise with modern design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, InVision, etc.
- Online portfolio showcasing your problem-solving skills with a special focus in tech and B2B digital products
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.