Integrated Marketing Program Manager
New Relic’s Growth Marketing PMO is looking for a Program Manager passionate about providing project management and operational support across our marketing product launches. You will play a significant role in bringing this work to life, driving cross-functional collaboration to ensure that strategy, processes, and results support the overarching objectives of our company and product launches, such that they are well executed and delivered to achieve stated goals.
Reporting to the Sr. Program Director, this role will work directly with leadership and teammates from across marketing and other parts of the organization: Product Marketing, Demand Generation, Content Marketing, Customer Marketing, Creative, Video, Field Marketing, Corporate Communications and Public Relations, Analyst Relations, Social, Enablement, Marketing Ops & Analytics, and Developer Relations. You will be responsible for leading and supervising all planning, kick-offs, execution, delivery, and reporting related to Tier 1 major product launches, as well as supporting Tier 2 & 3 minor product launches.
This role needs someone who is up for doing more than handling tasks or simply bringing team members to a table to discuss work, take notes, and update schedules. Successful Growth Marketing Program Managers at New Relic are strategic problem solvers who get results through guidance at the executive and team level, innovative thinking, and effective change management. They’re self-starters and driven! They are passionate about empowering people and enabling teams to do their best work by stepping in to drive planning, overcome roadblocks, and help push work forward to positive outcomes - all while applying the right amount of process and governance based on the corporate objectives, business context, and capability level.
What You’ll Do
As a Growth Marketing Program Manager focused on Product Launches, you will drive impact by shepherding team processes and communications established by the Business Operations team for Product Launches, enabling all teams to deliver results and impact efficiently. The Growth Marketing department will rely on you to ensure all parties agree with the prioritized work and know their next steps to impact to the company and team’s success. You are the source of truth!
- Be an active participant in strategic marketing planning sessions to flesh out vital launch briefs, messaging, and Early Access Program requirements.
- Develop relationships with other Growth and Marketing teams and internal partners, building consensus in a sometimes ambiguous, fast-paced environment.
- Run all execution across the Marketing organization via the team’s project management tool, Asana.
- Review programs and project deliverables via briefs and schedule scoping meetings as needed.
- Set up and maintain up-to-date project work plans and editorial calendars, and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities while balancing the workload of the team.
- Handle day-to-day operational aspects of the program and underlying projects, using weekly team meetings to coordinate.
- Work with the Sr. Program Director to update our unified view of the global marketing portfolio of campaigns and programs, and maintain an integrated marketing calendar/roadmap.
- Provide weekly status updates to program and project owners, as well as our execs.
- Effectively apply the PMO team’s methodology and implement project standards.
- Assist in building and/or updating decks as needed to drive exec reviews and status updates.
- Preemptively identify and handle risks, raising issues when needed to remove blockers.
- Ensure project briefs, documents, and files are complete, current, and stored appropriately on our Google shared drive.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external contractors/partners/vendors and handle contracts and internal procurement processes.
- Provide project management for other high-priority Marketing projects as needed.
- Support other process improvements associated with integrated planning and execution of programs.
- 5+ years of program management experience with integrated marketing work.
- Strong leadership capabilities to advise on goal setting, developing roadmaps, and resource planning to teams working through sophisticated programs and launches.
- Proven experience establishing relationships, working with, and knowledge of the following department operations and production: Product Marketing, Creative, Video, Demand Generation, Content Marketing, Customer Marketing, Corporate Communications and PR, Social Marketing, and Developer Relations
- Business insight and ability to make good judgments and decisions based on information available.
- Ability to analyze and implement processes and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- An entrepreneurial demeanor and self starter with demonstrated ability to achieve bold goals despite opposing priorities.
- Proficient in program management fundamentals — team building, role definition, risk management, work breakdown, project tracking, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that provide the vital context, analysis and recommendations to drive action.
- Experience working with project management tools, particularly Asana.
- Experience in marketing enterprise technology - Software as a Service - with a B2B focus.
- Understanding of digital marketing funnel and lead management.
- Understanding of an engineer's role and the developer community.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity, and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.