Lead Product Designer
Join us as the lead designer for the New Relic Telemetry Data Platform, the most powerful, scalable, time series data platform in the industry!
You will play a meaningful role in designing the experience to enable engineers to handle their data, ingest, query, alert on, and analyze that application and infrastructure telemetry data. You’ll craft visualizations, workflows, interactions, and more.
You will also be responsible for the experience of a large product domain in one of the largest groups at New Relic, working closely with product managers, engineers and other UX team members. You'll play an instrumental role in shaping the way that developers and admins experience New Relic One. You will be a vital part of a global community of designers, researchers, and writers, joining at a formative stage in the team's next level of growth.
If you're a systems-thinker, a data enthusiast, and a passionate user-advocate like us, we want to hear from you!
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a product design vision by concepting and specifying user flows, interfaces, interactions, and overall experiences via mockups, diagrams, and prototypes
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, designers, researchers, and writers to assess user needs, concept, and deliver quality experiences
- Work closely with engineers in the discovery and hand-off of designs to ensure high-quality execution and user adoption
- Champion a developer-centric experience via the gathering of user research and analytics insights to ensure developer needs are met as more and more observability data is captured and made available for troubleshooting and other use cases.
- Support and drive principled design standards alongside an evolving design system
- Apply both big-picture design thinking and attention to detail to sophisticated technical issues in a fast-paced environment
- Support the execution of the UX vision and be a strong contributor to the larger design community, setting high standards and driving best-practices
- 7+ years of related experience, ideally in enterprise software, developer tools, or SaaS B2C or B2B products
- Adept at working in an agile, fast-paced environment to deliver high-quality work
- Test-and-learn know-how to measure and refine designs based on user and market data
- Portfolio showcasing your best work
- Experience with design tools like Figma, Sketch, Abstract, InVision
- Experience working with global teams distributed across different time zones
- Strong communication and presentation abilities (English-language)
- An advanced degree in Design, HCI, or a related field
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure and experience with related platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience conducting ethnographic and usability research
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.