We are looking for a Data Architect to run and evolve our data practice within the Go-To-Market Data & Analytics Team. We use data to (i) define and measure performance and productivity metrics across Go-To-Market Functions (ii) identify and monitor leading indicators and predictive models, and (iii) deliver insights to Go-To-Market teams to ultimately improve core business processes and outcomes. The team partners with Executives and their teams within Sales, Marketing, Pre-and-Post Technical Sales, Customer Success, and Alliances & Channels. We also partner on multi-functional projects with Product and G&A.
Who You Are:
- A creative and forward-thinking data professional
- An experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up
- You thrive in a fast-paced growth environment
- Results and Team oriented
What You'll Do
- Design, develop and build database design and architecture to power Go-To-Market analytics products
- Build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models
- Design data pipeline architecture and ensure successful creation of the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other technologies.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Create data monitoring models for each product and work with business and analytics teams to create models ahead of new releases
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating operations, applications, and programming.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, fixing performance issues, and integrating new features.
- Work with business partners to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Authority in everything data related. Know exactly how data is collected, analyzed, and delivered. Also familiar with both the technical and user-facing sides of databases.
- 5+ years work experience as a Data Architect or Data Engineer or similar role
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles used for analytics such as star schemas and SCD
- Expertise in database performance optimization
- Expertise in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Expertise in Redshift, Snowflake, or similar cloud databases
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages
- Experience with ETL tools: Alooma, Matillion, Fivetran, Talend, etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Data Factory, etc.
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Power BI)
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or another quantitative field
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.