Senior Legal Counsel
New Relic is looking for a new legal counsel to partner with our whip-smart, collaborative legal team and focuses on handling commercial transactions in Japan. Joining the New Relic Legal Team means that you will have the chance to make an immediate impact and have a voice that is heard and respected, while encouraged to grow in your abilities and curate your own career path. If you love working with sales teams and have a background as a transactional lawyer with contract experience in the SaaS Software industry, read on!
In this role, you will work with a globally dispersed team to support New Relic's commercial activities by structuring, negotiating, and closing contracts. We'll need you to have excellent communication skills to interact with both internal departments and external business clients while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, and thorough manner. This is a great opportunity if you have a passion for technology, excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
What You’ll Do
- Negotiate SaaS contracts and other commercial agreements with New Relic customers in APJ with primary focus on the Japan market
- Support and coach Japan sales teams on deal structure and contract negotiations
- Act as the central point of contact for any new and updated agreements
- Serve as a trusted advisor and business partner across the company by providing counsel and guidance for accomplishing New Relic's overall business objectives
- Assist with procurement and general corporate legal matters on ad-hoc basis
- 5 + years of professional experience; in-house experience is a plus
- Practical experience in SaaS licensing negotiations with a solid knowledge of commercial and contract law and revenue recognition principles
- Comfort with handling topics such as privacy and data protection in the commercial contract context
- A passion for closing deals
- Ability to work on your own and prioritize multiple, often competing for deliverables while managing expectations meeting deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate effectively and gain trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels
- Ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable, autonomous and accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across deal types and time zones
- Fluency in Japanese and English
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.