Manager, Data Analytics - Remote
Data is central to measuring all aspects of our business and critical to our operation and growth. Join New Relic's Data & Analytics organization. Collaborate with business partners across Finance, Sales, Product, and Marketing to lead multi-functional initiatives as a key member of our leadership team.
Our team works full stack to deliver end-to-end solutions with meaningful business impact. By holding regular planning sessions, managing partners, outlining strategic projects, and coordinating directly with internal Analytics, Product, Engineering, and Business Operations teams, you will directly contribute to the success of our data strategy! We own and deliver results including analytical insights, data architecture, data governance, data quality, and data security solutions to help implement controls across our data ecosystem!
This leader will report to a Senior Director, Data Analytics. In addition to our central San Francisco location (expected to open up again in 2022), remote candidates who can work West Coast hours from a home office where New Relic can do business are welcome to apply.
What You’ll Do
- Be responsible for a roadmap to meet multi-functional data needs, building shared goals and project plans
- Communicate the vision and paths successful execution for both peers and executive partners
- Manage and mitigate projects risks, priorities, and trade-offs while brokering partner buy in to deliver results
- Hire and retain top talent including cultivating their growth by building short and long-term career paths
- Lead and manage daily scrum activities with your team, diving deep to unblock their daily tasks
- Perform design reviews and put mechanisms in place to continually raise the bar around technical skills within the organization
- Guide the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production
- Establish and support delivery SLAs for key data sets
- Foster a culture of high standards for data quality through expansion of frameworks, toolkits, etc.
- Design, develop and maintain ETL routines using tools such as Airflow and Jenkins
- Own data models, table designs, and publish sufficient metadata documentation to facilitate rapid data adoption
- Establish processes to instill operational excellence principles for project management, SDLC, data architectural design best practices, scalability, reliability, etc.
- 3-5 years proven execution in a fast-moving, fast-growing environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with SQL, Python, Looker, Tableau
- Experience with data pipeline technology (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, & Azure)
- Ability to build relationships across business functions and subject domains
- Experience leading teams, ideally in a technology or engineering environment
- A passion for technology and for helping companies solve business problems with data
- BA/BS degree, ideally in a quantitative degree (e.g. Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics
- 2+ years of experience in the technology industry featuring knowledge of clickstream datasets
- High familiarity with data platforms and applications such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Airflow, FiveTran, DBT
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.