Corporate AV Technician
Corporate AV Technician
New Relic is looking for an Audio Visual Technician who will be responsible for the maintenance of conference rooms and providing support for meetings and events. You will be joining an IT team that is responsible for empowering employees to be connected and enabling communication and interaction. Being primarily responsible for the Portland office, along with remote support for other New Relic locations, you will be looked upon to provide timely support and make sure our conference rooms are in tip-top operating condition.
This role will report to the Help Desk Manager in our Portland office.
What You’ll Do
- Support meetings and events (including after hours, and occasional offsite work, as necessary)
- Assist employees with phone and video conferencing equipment. Provide “white glove” support to VIPs as needed
- Ensure AV equipment is in good working order on a regular basis via regular audits. Suggest and provide input for AV retrofits and designs
- Install, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot video conferencing equipment
- Evangelize AV usage through regular trainings
- Actively monitor and support business-critical meetings and events and provide feedback to improve workflows
- Manage and supervise 3rd party AV vendors
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years experience in audio visual integration
- 2+ years working in an environment with MacOS clients
- BlueJeans video conferencing experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and is comfortable dealing with a variety of end users, including C-level executives, various internal departments as well as external vendors
- Knowledge of installation techniques and National Electric Code
- Experience using operating systems including Mac OS, and Windows
- Experience supporting multiple devices, including laptops, desktops, phone systems, video conferencing, etc.
- Familiarity with Crestron, Polycom, Lifesize, and SVSi hardware and their protocols
- Knowledge of DSPs
- Installation experience preferred
- Experience with SIP setup a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of networking protocols
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.