Senior Product Designer - Platform
At New Relic we build software that provide insightful observability tools to help companies to quickly identify, seek issues, and analyze performance in their software and infrastructure.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will work closely with other designers, product managers, and engineers to design, build, and optimize New Relic's customer experience while helping to build a culture that’s empowering, collaborative, and pushes the boundaries of great design.
We are looking for a creative problem-solver with a knack for tackling complexity and delivering clear and simple design solutions. You believe the why is as important as the what and how, and you are comfortable asking for feedback and presenting your work to others.
What You’ll Do
- Map user flows, craft low and high-fidelity mockups, prototype interactions, and oversee the implementation by partnering closely with engineering.
- Help maintain our design system and advocate for scalable design solutions.
- Collaborate with Research to help synthesize and communicate research findings to product teams.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Influence strategic decisions across teams and effectively manage your time and process to meet team deadlines.
- 4+ years of industry experience in product and visual interface design.
- BA/BS in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, other design-related fields, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in applying user-centered research methods, including user interviews, competitive analysis, and user testing.
- Online portfolio showcasing your problem-solving skills with a special focus in tech and B2B digital products.
- Expertise with modern design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Principle, InVision, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Business level fluency in English is needed as we are a US based company.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.