Senior Software Engineer - Streaming Reliability
At New Relic, we're building and scaling one of the largest and fastest-growing observability platforms in the world!
The Streaming Data and Metrics Platform is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help operate and automate the pipeline. Tasked with helping to build and operate services that power all of New Relic's products, this team will take on projects that span Java, Kafka, containerization, and automation. A good candidate for this role will have experience working with large, distributed systems, and a passion for automation and performant systems!
The opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on the applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and promote Site Reliability Engineering principles, standards, and tooling, specifically with stream processing in mind.
- Partner with architects, team leads, and team members to improve the availability and resiliency of our streaming data pipeline.
- Help reduce operational toil by working with teams to automate their processes and participate in an on-call rotation for the services your team owns and supports.
- Proven writing software experience in Java, Python, or Go of a minimum of 4 years.
- Experience with SRE and/or Operations principles and configuration management using Ansible or Terraform.
- Proven record of automating operational toil with software.
- Experience operating software in production Kubernetes environments at scale with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience dealing with concurrency in Java and developing services that consume and produce Kafka.
- Background working with AWS products including Managed Streaming Kafka and Elastic Kubernetes Service.
- Experience facilitating game days or chaos engineering experiments in large organizations.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established in October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high-quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks, and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX, and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.