Senior Product Manager (Remote)
We're looking for a seasoned leader with a background in technical product management, who cares deeply about creating solutions for the observability challenges faced by developers.
You'll be working closely with our customers and teams as we invent new ways for our customers to get full visibility into the performance of their Java applications.
This position requires a leader who has a track record for delivering products and features at scale. This position needs to know how to work with engineers and executives, empathize with users, prioritize backlogs, exercise sound decision-making, and have leadership skills to help other team members to do all of the above.
At New Relic, you will be a core leader in the team responsible for driving product strategy and vision, relations with customers and our partner ecosystem, working with Engineering to deliver breakthrough products, and growing the business in partnership with Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams!
Open to remote candidates based on location
What You’ll Do
- You will lead throughout the full product lifecycle
- You will communicate a clear set of business priorities and customer imperatives at all times
- You will establish business metrics and key customer/market research questions
- You will maintain an active view of key competitors and their anticipated next moves
- You will collaborate with Sales Management, Marketing, Finance, and other important teams
- You will meticulously think through every aspect of the overall customer experience
- You will serve as a spokesperson for the business
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing technical software products or leading product development efforts in a similar capacity
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience working in medium-to-large software companies
- Experience working on or leading enterprise/business-to-business products
- Strong social skills, including the ability to lead via influence, patience, and determination
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis
- Background in SaaS and cloud-based software
- Experience as an SRE or software developer
- Experience writing software in Java
- Experience working in open source
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our Office or Your Office
You will be working with engineers and leaders distributed throughout the world, concentrated around our major offices in Portland, San Francisco, Phoenix, Barcelona, and Tel Aviv. You are welcome to work in one of those offices1 or work from your home office. Our global headquarters for research 098 and development is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in the thriving tech community of the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy multi-modal commute access and a plethora of good eats and exceptional coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.