Senior Technical Training Specialist
New Relic is looking for a hardworking individual who has an equal passion for enablement content creation and delivery, as well as customer success! Working with our customers, internal partners, and SMEs, you’ll use your technical learning expertise and eye for business to ensure our customers are able to grow their business by using the full scope of New Relic platform!
Your activities will focus on helping our customers learn and apply new skills to improve self-sufficiency, proficiency, and success with New Relic platform and technology.
You’ll have high visibility in the organization as you establish partnerships with subject matter experts to gain insight into technology and product learning opportunities, and design learner-centric training solutions.
The successful candidate has a track record of skill designing, developing, and delivering creative, professional, comprehensive training programs for a diverse, global audience.
What You'll Do
- Establish partnerships with key partners to create and implement training programs that reinforce business strategies and goals, and enhance the customer experience.
- Conduct needs assessments for existing and emerging products, and identify training requirements to build out product training, guided learning paths, and in-depth technology training catalogs.
- Designs and develops outstanding technical course content and lab exercises for instructor presentation or self-paced learning.
- Assist with determining the appropriate learning delivery method to achieve the defined goals and outcomes (i.e.: instructor-led, on-demand e-learning, live/remote webinar)
- Partner with internal subject matter authorities on developing and delivering content.
- Program manage cross-functional training initiatives
- Loves to learn and teach, collaborates well with others, shares knowledge, and enjoys taking on new projects.
- Due to Covid19, all training is currently virtual, however, in the future, this position may require some travel but not more than 50%.
- 3+ years of technical training experience using a variety of learning tools (ie Learning Management System, Webex or GotoTraining, Captivate)
- 10+ years of experience in the information technology field with knowledge and experience in SaaS
- Solid technical background and proven track record of delivering technical training in instructor-led and asynchronous modalities
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and engagement skills in large and small live/remote webinars and workshops and on-site classrooms, and marketing events
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with all levels of management
- Quick learner and take initiative to self-study new technology to create training materials
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, and manage time wisely
- Demonstrated skill of developing on-demand, e-learning in a technology environment
- Familiarity with the SaaS model of software delivery
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize effectively
- Working knowledge in some of the following skills and languages is helpful: Ruby, .NET, PHP, Java, and Python languages; Windows and Linux Web servers; network troubleshooting tools; Web development platforms and cloud hosting services
- Previous development experience helpful
- Multilingual a plus (English fluency required, and able to lead training sessions in Spanish, French, or German)
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.