You will be the technical lead for New Relic customers and prospects and be responsible for the technical strategic direction in the account! You will focus on partnering with our outstanding Sales team to generate new revenue by taking technical ownership of the opportunity pursuits throughout the sales cycle for prospects and expansion into new groups for existing customers. A tremendous Solutions Consultant is tasked with working closely with the Sales Account Executives to generate engagement from deal qualification and discovery to acquiring the technical win and concluding with deal closure.
A great candidate must have a winning combination of business and technical savvy, the ability to present and demonstrate our solutions and business value to a broad spectrum of audiences from IT to business. Building positive relationships and ability to handle technical objections and issues throughout the sales cycle is paramount. Ultimately, the Solutions Consultant needs to be a trusted advisor to internal partners and C-Level Executives.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver and build compelling presentations/workshops/demos, both onsite and remote in order to align with customer initiatives and business challenges, and get customer agreement and support for the proposed strategic solution
- Based on discovery you will develop, recommend and execute technical proofs that support the customer's business objectives and solve customer problems while delivering a differentiated value proposition
- Develop deep expertise in New Relic products and services
- Identify and resolve critical business/technical issues
- Take technical ownership of the entire sales cycle and drive it to a successful close
- Successfully manage proof-of-concept and pilot engagements
- Provide thoughtful responses to RFI/RFP, information security, and similar requests.
- 5+ years in pre-sales experience and/or similar capacities
- Experience with one or more of Monitoring and Observability, Cloud, DevOps, CI/CD, AIOps, Logging, Data Analytics, and Visualization
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proven background selling enterprise business software
- A strong balance of sales, business, and technical skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or similar
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.