Senior Product Designer
At New Relic, we love making tools for software and ops engineers which helps customers answer their most important questions by allowing them to visualize, explore, and reason about their ops, application, and customer data.
As a Senior Product Designer at New Relic, you will partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers, and others to design, build, and optimize our customer journeys.
You are a creative problem-solver with a knack for seeking complexity and delivering clear, simple and elegant design solutions. You believe the how and why are as crucial as the final deliverable, and you’re comfortable explaining your rationale to colleagues inside and outside of design.
We are looking for a designer who can help build a culture that’s empowering, collaborative, and pushes the boundaries of great design for our customers.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with engineering and product folks to find practical and elegant designs solutions while you come up with an execution that delights our users.
- Help maintain our design system and advocate for scalable design solutions.
- Build low and high-fidelity wireframes, mockups and prototypes that communicate high-level design direction, applying excellent design principles.
- Ensure designs are based on user needs, product requirements, and business objectives.
- Collaborate with other designers, researchers, writers, product managers, and engineers.
- Influence strategic decisions across teams and effectively manage your time and process to meet team deadlines.
- 5+ years of experience in interaction design and user-centered research methods. Experience in product and visual interface design.
- Proven skillset for building design innovations for B2B tech solutions.
- Expertise with modern design and prototyping tools; Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Abstract, InVision, etc.
- Comfortable working independently and within a team to deliver high-quality work
- Deep understanding of how to integrate research, design, technical development, and business strategy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Business level proficiency in English is essential as we are a US based company.
- BA/BS in Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology, related field, or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience working in B2B / Monitoring tools
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is in our Barcelona office, which was established on October 2014 with our acquisition of Ducksboard, a privately held startup. We provide challenging work, opportunities to learn, high quality teammates, a standard-setting product, and a company on the move. We offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Private health insurance for you and your family, including dental coverage.
- Retirement fund and Life insurance.
- English and Spanish language classes.
- Office located in the center of Barcelona, very close to public transportation.
- We provide ergonomic furniture (chairs, desks) to keep you healthy and comfy.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
- We help with relocation.
We are passionate about data visualizations in real time, APIs, intuitive UX and beautiful design. We have no dogma but do whatever makes sense to deliver state of the art products.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.