Senior Revenue Accountant (Remote)
New Relic is searching for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our growing team. This role will manage revenue related general ledger, revenue recognition, close processes, financial reporting duties, system implementations, and revenue operations. A qualified candidate will be detail oriented, deadline driven, have a strong understanding of GAAP, and be adaptable to a fast-paced environment.
The position will report directly to the Senior Manager of Revenue Operations. Opportunity to work remote is available.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations, accurate reporting, and data verification
- Manage revenue/third party expense schedules
- Support timely financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of operational accounts
- Assist with financial and SOX audits
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects
- Contribute to Revenue engine implementation project
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc requests, and other assigned tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years of full cycle accounting experience
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Works independently with minimum supervision for deliverables to meet deadlines or objectives
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Accurate, detailed, and deadline driven
- Ability to adapt to changing environments, goals, and priorities
- Advance skills in Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Intuitive knowledge of accounting principles and procedures (specifically ASC 606)
- Curious- seeks knowledge and ways to increase efficiencies
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, organize efficiently, use technology to build optimization
- CPA license
- Experience working in a publicly-traded, high-tech, high growth company
- Big 4 experience
- SAAS industry experience
- Familiarity of Netsuite, SalesForce, Zuora
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity, and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.