Tools Administrator - JIRA
New Relic is looking for an experienced tooling administrator to play a pivotal role in implementing and maintaining internal tools and applications used by our Product organization. You will work closely with our tooling vendors to ensure alignment of contract scope, tracking service level agreements and uptime, troubleshooting bug issues and advocating for feature requests, as well as with our internal customer base to ensure the correct structure, process, support and controls are in place for our tool suite.
You are an eager learner, intellectually curious, familiar with software development processes and frameworks, and have a passion for the software industry (especially SaaS, enterprise software). You are a good listener who connects the dots and helps form solutions that meet the needs of the business. You are a great communicator who can anticipate the perspectives and concerns of a variety of audiences.
What You’ll Do
- Day-to-day management and administration of JIRA & Aha! including workflows, user accounts, custom fields, dashboards, reports, schemas, project creation, etc.
- Develop metrics, dashboards and advanced filters to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Create documentation, build best practices and training and communicate across departments for enhanced understanding and compliance.
- Collaborate with end users to capture requirements and define solutions.
- Work with stakeholders to determine ways to optimize & improve setup and workflows for our tools. Map current processes and establish goals for improving, automating and increasing the technical agility of the organization.
- Support and handle integrations between external systems.
- Interact with IT and boundary partners on technical matters often requiring coordination across organizations.
- Represent the Product organization with tooling vendors including participating in regular vendor reviews with tooling partners.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in a related technical role.
- 2+ years of experience with JIRA including system administration. Aha! experience is a plus.
- Experience providing application administrative support, implementing and maintaining operational tools for large scale software teams.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with all levels of partners and leadership.
- Experience with Aha!
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.