Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
Imagine being able to do the best work you’ve ever done as a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer for a fast-growing, well run and financially stable technology company that is consistently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
What You’ll Do
- Sell SaaS solutions and understand all phases of the sales cycle
- Partner with Account Executives and own the technical pieces of a deal cycle.
- Have a deep understanding of your customer’s IT infrastructure and software architecture.
- Engage early in a deal to help set sales strategy, lead discovery meetings as well as craft a technical solution to solve a customer’s business needs, and get deep in validating how New Relic’s solutions address that need in real time.
- 3+ years as a Sales Engineer (preferred), Implementation Consultant, or Support Engineer or Software Developer with experience leading projects and/or working with customers
- Hands on experience working with programming languages including: Java, PHP, .NET, Ruby, Node.js, Python, etc.
- Experience selling and working with pure SaaS solutions in multi-tenant architectures is preferred
- General understanding of Cloud offerings and services
- Understanding of log collection
- Writing regular-expression syntax
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Travel is less than 25%
- A clear understanding of network & system Management solutions
- Experience with ELK
- Experience with log monitoring tools
- Devops open source tools
- Background in mobile application development concepts (IOS & Android)
- Experience with real user monitoring and customer digital experience
- Deep understanding of AWS, Azure, GCP offerings, including hands on experience
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.