Director, Social Media & Community
The Director of Social Media Community is responsible for developing, leading and executing a global social media strategy that engages the New Relic Community of users, employees, customers, partners, influencers and investors. The role will build momentum behind New Relic's brand and its category leadership as the default for software observability by growing social presence and following, as well as owning how New Relic shows up and engages with followers on social. The primary focus of this role is to drive deeper relationships and brand affinity among developers, engineers and practitioners through creative storytelling, innovative social-native campaigns and cool social programs.
You will lead, coach and develop a team of social marketing professionals to deliver against the strategy on time and within budget. The team will work daily with senior leaders across the company and in Marketing to engage audiences our brand, story and experience across social.
What You’ll Do
- Align the efforts of the social marketing team and agencies, and impact to the broader company, Marketing and Corporate Marketing goals
- Build and execute a social strategy to increase awareness of and interest in the New Relic brand and thought leadership among developers, engineers and practitioners
- Envision and create innovative, cool campaigns and programs that are native to social media that engage and inspire audiences
- Position New Relic executives for success on social by delivering brand-approved content that advances company and individual thought leadership
- Identify and inspire employees and influencers to share New Relic's story with their audiences
- Build and maintain a rolling 12-month editorial calendar to accelerate social follower growth by increasing engagement with creative, social-first content that’s interesting, important and timely for our audiences
- Highlight New Relic company news, product innovation, developer spotlights, global and regional dates/events of interest, contests, and more in unique, cool and compelling ways
- Partner with Sales, Customer Success, Customer Support and Developer Relations to ensure follower inquiries from prospects, customers and developers are promptly and accurately responded to within the context of our brand and corporate narrative
- Build and manage Social Media dashboards to provide insights into campaign and program success and opportunities for improvement, including KPIs for share of voice, click throughs, attribution, content effectiveness, reach and return on investment
- Minimum of 10 years in social media marketing/management and/or related experience leading hard-working social teams to deliver results against goals.
- Successful experience in building online communities and social followings, and engaging followers in the brand and journey.
- Deep experience in organic social campaigns and programs that drive follower growth and engagement among technical audiences
- Demonstrated success in both an agency and in-house leadership roles overseeing social media within the enterprise software industry. Extra points for experience in APM, Observability and/or Logging.
- Ability to forge strong alliances with internal partners to deeply understand their needs, impact their perspectives to drive consensus, and execute against the social strategy.
- Strong leadership skills and a consistent record of leading, mentoring, and developing the careers of a hard-working team.
- Highly creative individual with a track record of delivering unique, innovative social-first campaigns and programs
- Self-motivation, always looking for ways to take programs to the next level
- Strong, positive, team leader who takes great pride in the quality, precision, efficiency and measurable results of their team.
- Ability to assemble and interpret metrics, build executive summaries, and deliver meaningful business insights.
- Have a BA or BS degree.
Role can be located in any United States location.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.