Senior Manager, Cloud Alliances
Partnerships are the foundation for driving preference in the market for the New Relic Platform and are a significant source of new opportunity identification with our sales teams. New Relic’s Alliances and Channels team act as the masterminds behind these strategic relationships and our team continues to expand!
The Senior Manager, Cloud Alliances will be responsible for developing relationships with key multi-cloud alliances and expand existing partnerships with strong Go-To-Market plans. These partnerships and the broader partner ecosystem is the foundation for a significant part of New Relic’s go-to-market strategy.
The Senior Manager, Cloud Alliances will work as part of a team that owns multi-cloud alliances across Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, VMware & Pivotal, IBM and RedHat and will eventually own one or more alliances and the ecosystem strategy. The Sr. Alliance Manager will need to work cross-functionally across New Relic teams including sales, channel sales, marketing, product management, development/engineering, pre-sales, finance, legal, services, support, and education. This person will be charged with establishing a shared vision between New Relic and the partner developing and executing the strategic plan and cultivating key executive relationships required to support the plan.
What You'll Do
- Lead business development efforts with various cloud alliances. This will include long-term relationship development for some large players in the industry
- Work closely with product and engineering teams from New Relic and partners to develop design wins (product integrations) and joint go-to-market solutions.
- Develop the joint value proposition for the partnerships and drive content and sales plays to enable New Relic and partner sales and technical teams
- Work with partner marketing, to drive demand generation initiatives (events, webinars, campaigns, blogs etc.) to develop a strong pipeline in the partner ecosystem
- Work with regional partner sales managers and account teams to support sales pursuits and drive partner influence in sales opportunities.
- 8-10 years of experience in software and IT industry doing related business development, strategic alliance and/or partner management
- Strong relationships with key executives in the cloud, SaaS and IT industry including companies such as Google Cloud, Microsoft, VMware, IBM, RedHat etc.
- Experience with direct and indirect sales and go-to-market initiatives with SaaS platforms
- Experience enabling enterprise sales organizations, and programs such as solution selling
- Experience selling and marketing solutions via cloud marketplaces
- Consistent track record of successful quota attainment in a sales and alliances role, tracking all types of measurements including sell through, sell to and sell with (partner influence)
- Proven aptitude for emerging industry trends including public cloud technologies, DevOps, microservices, containers, orchestration, cloud adoption and digital transformation.
- Familiarity with Cloud environments, Containers, IaaS (AWS, Azure, GCP), PaaS, SaaS
- Aptitude to develop, negotiate, and implement partner business plans that drive partner revenue goals
- Ability to develop new strategic alliances and field partnerships
- Capability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience working with partners, channel, and integrators to build strategic programs that drive demand and sales
- International go-to-market experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.