Senior Product Manager, Growth - Data Science
Senior Product Manager, Growth - Data Science
San Francisco, California
New Relic’s Growth Data team uses our expertise in Data Science, Data Engineering, and Web App Development to build a scalable data platform, use-case based data applications, and craft a bespoke Enterprise customer experience. We get to work on an incredibly diverse set of data sources and use cases by building algorithms, models, and actionable statistics that help us serve our 17,000+ customers. This team has both internal and external customer engagement. The Growth Data team has built widely-adopted internal products in clickstream tracking, data pipeline management, and predictive analytics, and now we are looking to scale those efforts and monetize what we have built for paid customers of New Relic.
How do you know if this is the right opportunity for you? You have great product instincts and production-level experience with large-scale and diverse data systems. You have a natural bent towards thinking holistically about how data, tools, and systems will enable the business to rapidly optimize the customer experience. You love engaging directly with customers to understand how data can transform their experience, diving into UX designs and data models that unlock customer value, and guiding teams to build extraordinary applications and architectures that solve company-wide problems. You're a lifelong learner looking to build your product management skills in a rapidly changing environment. Most of all, you're excited to work collaboratively with design, analytics, and engineering to build amazing products.
What You’ll Do
- Customer Empathy - Partner with UX and regularly meet with our customers to gather requirements and develop them into the roadmap.
- Vision & Roadmap - Articulate, develop and maintain the vision and roadmap for Growth Data products and get executive buy-in to support your vision.
- Data-driven - Set team KPIs and track against them. Write your own SQL queries to satisfy your own curiosity about our customers. Facilitate executive and customer-facing conversations around insights, recommendations, and decisions.
- Expert Translator - Translate complex technical topics into simple concepts for diverse technical and non-technical audiences.
- Prioritization & Requirements - Drive feature prioritization and business requirements. Partner with the engineering team to define sprints and deliver the roadmap. Drive UAT.
- Project Management - Clearly scope, track, execute and communicate on projects in an engineering-oriented environment.
- Be a Shield for the Team - Your job is to reduce thrash for the team from stakeholders and the business so they can stay focused and deliver rapid incremental value.
- “Get it done” attitude - Use a strong entrepreneurial bent and focus on execution to get your products out-the-door. Never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team.
- Business Leader & Partner - Build strong relationships and drive cross-organizational alignment on your product deliverables. Drive collaboration across all data owners/providers and with key data partners to ensure product vision is delivered.
- 4+ years of experience working in product teams with a consistent track record of shipping high-quality software - You can point to a product you’ve helped ship and explain how and why it did or did not succeed.
- 2+ years of experience working in data-focused Product teams
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- You’re an excellent leader and are passionate about leading people and teams
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A passion for building product. A desire to make things better. A sense of optimism.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect. Possess the willingness to present and defend your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You have a technical/analytics background either based on years of relevant professional experience or formal education (CS, Math, Statistics undergraduate degree)
- Have lead product teams that shipped machine learning apps and data platforms
- Solid understanding of how SaaS businesses work and SaaS metrics.
- Experience as a user with analytics tools (e.g. Salesforce, Tableau, Periscope Data, Google Analytics, Amplitude, Intercom, etc.)
- JIRA project management experience is a plus
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.