Senior Backend Software Engineer - Connect Team
At New Relic, we provide our customers with instant and deep insight into their application’s behavior and performance. With our SaaS-based application performance monitoring (APM) solution, we have our customer’s backs by transparently instrumenting their application and reporting issues, often before the customer knows that there is a problem. We give our customers as much information as possible to help them tune their site’s reliability and performance.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer to join the new Connect team based in our Tel Aviv Office. The team is responsible for the development of a new innovative product in the DevOps ecosystem, the product will enable DevOps, SRE, and on-call team members to easily customize and integrate various tools in the space, creating automatic tailor-made pipelines as well as remediation capabilities and actions that leverage connectivity, increase up-time and reduce toil.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain distributed high-throughput applications with various technologies including Kotlin, Kubernetes, GCP, and GraphQL
- Collaborate with Engineers, Engineering Managers, and Product Managers to frame problems within the business and product context
- Contribute to the product technical design, architecture and implementation of our backend components
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of professional experience as an engineer in the industry
- Expertise in Scala, Java8, Kotlin or similar programming languages
- Experience with relational/non-relational and in-memory databases.
- Experience with building web applications using concurrency and asynchronous programming frameworks
- Experience with Message brokers frameworks (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience working in teams that use CI/CD practices
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and Unix/Linux operating systems and commands
- Experience with AWS/GCP
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Equity compensation plan.
- Performance reviews twice a year.
- Work-life balance and flexible schedule.
- Amazing and fun work environment.
- Monthly meals fund (10bis).
- Retirement fund and Keren Hishtalmut.
- Professional Development classes
- Office located in the center of Tel Aviv, very close to public transportation.
- Fresh fruits, snacks and beverages.
- We support technical meetups, both local and international.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.