Senior Customer Success Manager
Customer Success Managers are tasked with ensuring that each and every customer has a wildly successful relationship with New Relic.
We are doing an amazing job already (check out some of our customer’s tweets - http://newrelic.com/about/customers) and need your expertise to ensure our largest customers continue to realise value from their relationship with New Relic.
As a Customer Success Manager (CSM) at New Relic, you are responsible for the retention of your book of business. Reporting into the Regional Sales Manager, you will become a critical member of our sales team and industry-leading culture, focused on being bold, passionate and authentic.
From an exceptional onboarding experience to helping customers achieve their technical and business goals, the CSM role is the glue connecting what New Relic sells with the most critical challenges that our customers are experiencing.
If you’re a high-energy individual who understands how to nurture customer relationships, execute customer business reviews (CBRs) whilst ensuring an exceptional post-sales customer experience, this role is for you!
What You'll Do
- Lead assigned clients and stakeholder relationships to ensure adoption, retention and referenceability
- Build joint Customer Success Plans that achieve our customers business and technical objectives through the deployment of New Relic products and services
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor and customer advocate by maintaining a deep understanding of our solutions and identifying new use cases to solve customer business problems.
- Present to customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs. Note: the CSM role is only semi-technical and the successful candidate will have widespread support from New Relic’s industry-leading pre-sales support community.
- Generate excitement for new and developing products and services, identifying expansion opportunities for our New Relic Account Executives
- Coach customers to be product experts and train their teams on New Relic best practices to become increasingly self-sufficient.
- Remove roadblocks for customers by working cross-functionally to resolve their business issues whilst working towards their stated goals
- Manage customer feedback and product needs by providing feature requests to internal New Relic cross functional teams
- 8+ years career experience with a strong focus on working with or selling to enterprise accounts
- 4+ years experience in a Customer Success/Account Management role
- Strong relationship-building experience, product knowledge and organisational skills; with a high degree of empathy to generate and maintain customer satisfaction
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with account portfolio planning and prioritization
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Broad Knowledge of SaaS, Cloud, Observability, Application Performance Monitoring and DevOps technologies
- A curious, resilient, and passionate individual. You will bring a positive energy to the team customers and your territory
- Some understanding of cloud consumption models and solutions
- Able to work across multi-function/matrix organisation to achieve desired results
- Ability to create and foster great customer relationships
- Previous experience with working with New Relic as a customer or partner will be considered as well.
- Program/Project Management experience is a bonus
Please note, this position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At New Relic, we hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of. What does this look like in action? You should be ready to be a “culture add” to New Relic and spend ~5% of your time finding meaningful ways to make this an even better place to work.
This position is in our Melbourne office, in a vibrant tech community and a city with a great quality of life. We offer a fantastic work environment, competitive compensation, equity, and great benefits.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.