As an FP&A Manager at New Relic, you will act as a key business partner to the Product and Infrastructure teams. This role will be responsible for all financial aspects of Infrastructure and R&D spend; reporting, forecasting, and tracking cost optimization efforts. Reporting to the Director of Product FP&A, this position is critical to supporting the respective business leaders and General Managers to drive strategic cost initiatives such as evaluating investments, financial due diligence with procurement, and headcount planning. The Senior Analyst will act as a key analytical engine and resource to provide insights and support optimal business decision-making.
What You'll Do
- Own all facets of month end close processes related to OpEx, CapEx, headcount including data accuracy, variance analysis, and forecasting
- Develop and maintain annual R&D and Infrastructure OpEx and CapEx budgets
- Provide in-depth financial analyses of actual spend to drive insights on trends, investment areas, opportunities for cost optimization
- Partner with Engineering teams to understand New Relic product design and its relationship to spend
- Provide financial support for contract negotiations with Infrastructure & cloud vendors
- Serve as financial support for large-scale, cloud architecture projects
- Work with business partners to identify, communicate, and manage our top cost risks, developing mitigation plans
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements; own and drive improvement to implementation
- 7+ years’ experience in Finance, with a focus in business financial planning, analysis, and forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Business-related discipline. MBA, CPA or an advanced degree is a plus
- Expert analytical skills and advanced financial modeling techniques, with the ability to build and convey business insight, and drive action
- Self-starter with a “can do” attitude who is comfortable asking questions
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and deliver results in an unstructured environment
- Experience in multinational high-tech corporations
- Familiarity with SaaS industry
- Comfort building complex and detailed cost/consumption models
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure vendors
- Experience with Anaplan, Tableau, NetSuite, and SalesForce
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.