Senior Technical Accountant
Senior Technical Account
San Francisco, California
This role will report to the Technical Accounting Manager.
As a Technical Accountant with New Relic, you will be responsible for maintaining key accounting policies, analyzing new accounting pronouncements, assisting with SOX efforts, and working on special ad-hoc projects.
The right person for this job has strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills. Has the ability to serve as a company-wide technical accounting resource for ad-hoc questions and initiatives.
What You’ll Do
- Review contracts and agreements, research relevant accounting
guidance,and assist with whitepaper documentation
- Coordination of SOX, including managing process documentation and supporting both the internal and external auditors
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards across functional teams within the company where applicable
- Maintaining and updating key finance accounting policies
- Prepare impact analysis of new accounting pronouncements and present to management
- Assist in
month, quarter, and year-end close processes as necessary
- Participate in streamlining and process improvement projects related to SOX
- Support management in completing special projects, ad-hoc requests, and other assigned tasks
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-4 years of public accounting experience
- Understanding of recent accounting pronouncements (ASC 606, ASC 842)
- Ability to interact with all departments and levels throughout the organization
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize, and multitask
- CPA license
- Experience working in a publicly-traded, high-tech, high growth company
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.