Product Manager - CI/CD
We’re looking for a product manager to work closely with the teams revolutionizing and modernizing our continuous integration and delivery pipeline within our Site Engineering organization. You’ll partner with our internal customers to decide what’s needed and how to prioritize those needs. You’ll need to understand the technical realities and be ready to prioritize architectural roadmap alongside high-demand capabilities.
You know how to work with engineers and executives, and have a good sense of when to gather more data and when to make a decision and move forward. If you haven’t been a product manager, maybe you’ve done similar work as an architect, engineering leader, or in another leadership role.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the product strategy for New Relic’s internal continuous integration and delivery pipeline, advised by internal customers, industry standards, technical capability, and internal initiatives
- Connect with our customers (other product development teams at New Relic) about their software build and deployment needs and how Site Engineering can provide a friction-less experience
- Work with teams to provide business context, clear guidance, and success criteria that will delight our customers.
- In collaboration with Engineering, develop a rolling 4-quarter roadmap, drive the alignment of key releases to deliver on the roadmap; adjust the roadmap as needed based on key results, customer demand, and changes in execution resources.
- 2+ years as a product manager and 4+ years as an engineer, technical project manager, or other role involving technology
- Experience working with customers to set the roadmap and strategic direction of “internal” products like containerization, load balancing, networking, build and deploy tools, etc.
- Experience in large-scale environments, preferably as part of a SaaS platform
- Ability to communicate to different audiences effectively both verbally and in writing
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and track record of using data to drive decisions
- Experience as a software developer or in technical operations
- Product management training and certification
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is the industry’s largest and most comprehensive cloud-based instrumentation platform built to create more perfect software. The world’s best software and DevOps teams rely on New Relic to move faster, make better decisions and create best-in-class digital experiences. If you run software, you need to run New Relic. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.