Lead Software Engineer - Network Engineering
The Network Engineering team at New Relic is looking for a lead network engineer to join a team of engineers who are chartered to deliver the network infrastructure that supports New Relic’s rapidly growing network needs.
We’re looking for a talented individual who can take ownership to drive the implementation of automated, observable, and scalable network solutions that span across multiple data centers. The successful candidate has proven experience in expanding and maintaining a production network, has exceptional team and communication skills, and has an interest in developing software solutions to help achieve team goals.
Opportunity to work from a remote office may be available depending on applicant location.
What You’ll Do
- Design, manage, troubleshoot, and maintain a production network infrastructure
- Design and implement solutions that incorporate automation and self sufficiency
- Develop monitoring and alerting systems
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Keep abreast of technology trends and best practices
- Recommend new solutions and technologies
- Collaborate with team and others to share operational best practices
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Identify, develop, and execute plans to address reliability concerns
- 7+ years experience with IP networking fundamentals e.g. TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP
- Deep knowledge of routing protocols like BGP and OSPF
- Expertise with IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing
- Experience working with switching and routing equipment; Arista, Juniper, and Cisco
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with modern container technology (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, DC/OS, Nomad)
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. Go, Python, Java, C++)
- Linux system administration experience
- Familiar with high throughput TLS termination and load balancing with software and hardware based platforms
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
Qualified applicants may inquire about visa sponsorship (including transfer of a current H-1B visa), but the company does not sponsor candidates for O-1, F-1, or J-1 visas, or candidates who require commencement of an H-1B "cap case" petition for future authorization. This position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Our office is in the center of downtown Portland, situated in a thriving tech community in the Pacific Northwest. We enjoy easy commute access and a plethora of good eats and great coffee. We provide competitive compensation including equity and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility and fun of a start-up.
New Relic provides the real-time insights that software-driven businesses need to innovate faster. Our cloud platform makes every aspect of modern software and infrastructure observable, so companies can find and fix problems faster, build high-performing DevOps teams, and speed up transformation projects. We’re proudly trusted by more than 50% of the Fortune 100.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company focused on building a culture where all employees feel welcome, where people can bring their whole selves to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. [Background Check Statement — Remove for NYC, Barcelona, Tel Aviv] Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.