We are looking for a highly motivated individual to be a part of our accounting team. As an Associate Accountant, you will play an integral part on the Accounts Receivable team by supporting collections and billing operations. You will have a wide range of opportunities to develop your career. You will be successful in this role if you are eager to learn, passionate about technology, and excited to build a career in accounting.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate aspects of the billing process (e.g., gathering contract billing requirements, creation and posting of invoices, etc.) to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all invoices per our established guidelines
- Communicate with customers via phone or email regarding billing questions and outstanding invoices
- Partner with our sales and support teams to research and respond to customer billing inquiries
- Collaborate with sales and other departments to resolve billing issues
- Review Weekly Aging Reports and collect customer payments in accordance with payment due dates
- Assist with financial audits and other ad-hoc accounting projects as needed
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing duties
- 1-2 years experience with Accounts Receivable and billing
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Detail-oriented, with strong financial knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills and critical thinking
- Experience with Salesforce, Excel, Zuora, NetSuite, Zendesk would be a plus
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our office is in the tech-rich urban center of San Francisco, with easy commute access and a plethora of good eats. We provide competitive compensation, equity, and big-company benefits (medical, dental, etc.)—all while maintaining the energy, agility, and fun of a start-up.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.