Pre-sales Solutions Architect
If you have that special mix of DNA that makes an extraordinary Technical Architect – the blend of great business savvy and technical prowess – then we are a match made in heaven!
As a part of the Customer Adoption Team, you will be a technical consultant and trusted advisor for New Relic customers. Jump-start the adoption of observability by driving value, consumption growth, and adoption. As an in-house New Relic product specialist, you will drive the technical customer relationship and act as a customer proponent throughout their lifecycle.
You'll work closely with our Field Sales team to strategize and plan customer engagements and offer your technical product expertise with customers through custom demos and presentations, technical evaluations, onboard and enabling customers on the NR1 platform, and provide ongoing support.
This position requires a strong technical background, taking ownership, excellent client management skills, and a consistent track record to both understand customer business objectives and perform hands-on technical work as needed. You have a passion for problem-solving and painting the ‘art of the possible.
What You'll Do
- The objectives of the Technology Architects are to function as a specialist overlay team
- Provide deep operational expertise in New Relic technologies in support of pre and post-sales opportunities
- Responsible for filling the gap between product and the field by providing technically focused, effective and agile enablement artifacts
- You will bring technically relevant or unique use-cases to product teams allowing them to validate or adjust their roadmaps.
- Support of pre and post-sales opportunities, Demonstrations / Discovery
- Providing implementation guidance
- Strategic deep-dives for domain-specific products
- Beta enrollments
- Participation in Sales Escalations
- Engage in domain-specific planning sessions with Product
- Regular delivery of internal assets to enable field with standard methodologies, tips, and tricks
- Collaboration with UX Research and Design
- Preview marketing messaging where appropriate, regular delivery of public-facing marketing assets
- Collaborate with Strategic Architects to define specific outcomes during implementation, etc.
Your Qualifications (1 of the following)
2-4 years of Operational Log management / observability experience including familiarity with:
- Vendor experience (Splunk, Sumo Logic, etc)
- Experience with Grok and Lucene syntax
- Experience with FluentBit, Fluentd, and Logstash
- Log management from containers (Docker, etc) and Kubernetes
2-4 years of Kubernetes administration experience including familiarity with:
- Cloud and on-prem Kubernetes variants
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to create more perfect software. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional, and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. The Flex First model allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or a combination of both.
Read more about Flex First and New Relic’s vaccine policy as part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
New Relic (NYSE: NEWR) is a cloud-based observability platform that gives developers, engineers, operations, and management a clear view of what’s happening in today’s complex software environments. So they can find and fix problems faster, and deliver delightful experiences for their customers. That's why the world’s best engineering teams rely on New Relic to visualize, analyze, and troubleshoot their software. It’s the simplest, most powerful cloud-based observability platform, built to create more perfect software. All from one place.
Founded in 2008, we’re a global company passionate about building a culture where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging, where every ‘Relic’ can bring their whole self to work and feel supported and empowered to thrive. We’re consistently recognized as a distinguished employer and are committed to building world-class products and an award-winning culture. For more information, visit newrelic.com.
Our Hiring Process
New Relic takes seriously our stewardship of the data of our thousands of customers worldwide. In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/FCO%20poster2020.pdf
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek a diverse applicant pool and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.